The webinar will start in:
Soft and Hard Tissue Augmentation in Combination with Orthodontic Treatment: Expanding the limits of Orthodontics and Boosting the Multidisciplinary Treatments
Speaker: Federico Brugnami
Live Webinar: 14th May, 2018, 6:00 PM CET Other time zonesThe webinar will focus on the indications of regenerative orthodontics. Dr. Brugnami will present the use of different techniques and discuss the selection of biomaterials based on their properties.
Anatomy of the jaws and of the alveolar process is one of the major limitations of the orthodontic treatment. Long-term periodontal side effects of orthodontics have been in fact demonstrated by clinical and radiological studies if these limits are not respected. Surgically Facilitated Orthodontic Treatment (SFOT) aka corticotomy, has been known to significantly reduce the total treatment time of orthodontic therapy but it is not able to help in modifying the alveolar anatomy. Only when regenerative biomaterials and techniques are added to corti-cotomy and both in combination with orthodontic movements we are capable to ex-pand the bony basis and augment the hard and soft components of the periodonti-um. We are then looking at the “Periodontally Accelerated Osteogenic Orthodon-tics (PAOO ®) or regenerative orthodontics and the focus of the technique will be shifting from the speed to the ability to regenerate bone and the soft tis-sues while moving teeth.
This course will focus on the indications of regenerative orthodontics to expand the limits of safe orthodontic treatment and the scope of traditional orthodontics. It will also discuss the use of orthodontics to increase the regenerative potential in multidisciplinary treatments. Corticotomy with regenerative procedures offers many clinical advantages: due to the ability to expand the bony basis and the alveolar regeneration, it may, in fact, eliminate the need for dental extractions in many patients, reduce risks of periodontal damages, change the periodontal biotype and even modify lower third of face. This surgical technique has evolved and there are now several variations including the flapless approach (Piezocision®), the single flap approach (SFC, Single Flap Corticotomy) and the most innovative tunnel approach. A correct selection of the regenerative materials such as cerabone® and mucoderm® based on the biological properties will enhance the clinical result of this revolutionary technique.
The follower of the webinar will become aware of the importance of this technique in modern orthodontics and in multidisciplinary treatments. They will become also exposed to indications and application of the different techniques and the selection of different material based on their properties.
Course date in other time zones
Los Angeles, USA
14 May 2018, 09:00 AM
New York, USA
14 May 2018, 12:00 PM
London, United Kingdom
14 May 2018, 05:00 PM
14 May 2018, 06:00 PM
14 May 2018, 07:00 PM
Moskow, Russian Federation
14 May 2018, 07:00 PM
Hong Kong, China
15 May 2018, 12:00 AM
14 May 2018, 11:00 PM
- DDS "La Sapienza"University of Rome in 1991
- Certificate in Periodontics at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine in 1995
- Diplomate of The American Board of Periodontology in 1998
- 1996 Young Investigator Fellowship Award of The American Academy of Periodontology
- co-editor of the first book completely dedicated to corticotomy : “Orthodontically Driven Corticotomy: Tissue Engineering to Enhance Orthodontic and Multi-Disciplinary Treatment” By Wiley Blackwell
- Several Publications and a book chapter on Bone Grafting and Regeneration, Implants and Osteogenic Orthodontics
- Hospital Training in Orthodontics, Cittadella Hospital, Padua Italy
- Lecturer at Meetings, Academic Seminars and Private Courses in Italy, Us, UK, Japan, Bahamas, Austria, Netherlands and Switzerland in Periodontics, Implants and Perio-Orthodontics
- Private Practice Limited to Periodontics, Implants and Perio-Orthodontics in Rome and London
- Licensure in Italy, Florida and UK