Tooth replacement in the aesthetic zone — which implant to choose and how to manage a lack of hard or soft tissue
Speaker: Massimo Frosecchi
Originally broadcasted on: 18th April, 2016, 6:00 PM CET (Berlin) Other time zonesThis webinar will present an overview of possible treatments with heterologous soft tissue grafts and, in particular, of two cases of anterior area implants with a different situation of the recipient.
Osseointegrated implants in the aesthetic area should always be considered as an advanced or complex treatment. In order to obtain stable and good results in all anterior area implants cases, it is crucial that clinicians respect and maintain the soft and hard tissue architecture.
The implant must be applied strictly respecting the threedimensional correct position and maintaining a sufficient amount of bone, especially in the buccal aspect of the crest. The correct coronal-apical positioning can differ depending on the type of the implant: bone level or tissue level.
In most of the cases, there is the need to increase them to reestablish a normal “pink aesthetic” as an ideal frame for “white aesthetic”. Biomaterials represent a valid support for the aesthetic implant cases, both for hard and soft tissue. In particular, heterologous soft tissue graft can be used in several applications and techniques, combined with implants or with additive techniques, such as GBR.
- 1992 Graduated in Dentistry and Dental Prosthesys at University of Florence, Italy.
- 1994 Post graduate course in “Implantology and pre-prosthetic surgery” at University of Florence, Italy.
- 1995 Course "Advanced Course in Implantology and Bone Graft Harvesting" at New York State University at Buffalo, USA.
- 2000 Founder of “Il Giglio aggiornarsi a Firenze”, actually president of this association of continuos education in Dentistry.
- 2002-2003 Member of national committee of ANDI Associazione Italiana Dentisti Italiani for remote continuing education (FAD).
- 2006-2015 Tutor of Hands on course in Implanvology in UNINOVE University, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- 2006-2007 Speaker at Post-graduate Course in Implantology at Universidade Guarulhos, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 Speaker at Master Course of Fixed Prosthesys at University of Florence, Italy.
- 2008 Visiting Professor at University degli Studi Gabriele D’Annunzio di Chieti Pescara, Italy. Speaker in the same university in Master Course in Osseointegrated Implantology in 2007, 2008 and 2009.
- 2008-2009 Speaker in Master Course in Implantology at University of Pisa.
- 2008 Fellow of Italian section of ITI (International Team for Implantology), from 2005 international ITI speaker.
- 2008 Visiting Professor at Universidade Nove de Julho, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- 2011 Study Club Director ITI for Toscana.
- 2011-2012 Director and speaker in Clinical Course in Implantology at Clinic IPENO, Florianopolis, SC, Brazil.
- 2011 Speaker at Master Course in Implantology at University of Roma Tor Vergata in Rome and Tirana; Albania.
- 2011 Active member of International Piezosurgery Academy.
- 2011 Active member of GICC (Gymnasium Internazionale CAD CAM).
- 2012-2015 Speaker at Master course in Piezosurgery at Univestity Federico II, Napoli, Italy.
- 2013 Speaker at Master Course in Microscopic Dentistry at Unversity of Genoa, Italy.
- 2013-2017 Professor a c. in Implantology and Scientific evidences at University of Genoa, Italy.
- 2013 Active member of AIOM (Italian Academy of Microscopic Dentistry).
- Private course and practice in Florence, Italy