Acellular dermal matrix, a new horizon in periodontal plastic surgery and guided bone regeneration
Speaker: Andrés Eslava Vanegas
Originally broadcasted on: 22nd February, 2016, 6:00 PM CET Other time zonesIn this webinar the excellent results using an acellular dermal matrix (mucoderm®) and xenografts (cerabone®) with large defects in periodontal plastic surgery and guided bone regeneration will be presented.
Periodontal plastic surgery has had tremendous change over the last decade of our profession, the use of new biomaterials in combination with blood protein factors and the change in tissue manipulation it´s guiding us to a predictable and aesthetic results with the biomaterials available today as well as historically we have obtained with autologous grafts, significantly reducing surgical times and postoperative discomfort of our patients.
- 1996: General dentist degree in Instituto de Ciencias de la Salud CES, Medellin, Colombia.
- 2000: Specialist in Periodontology and Oral Medicine, Universidad el Bosque. Bogotá, Colombia.
- 2001-2005: Chairman and Professor in Postgraduate in the area of periodontology and osseointegration and molecular biology at the Universidad de Antioquia.
- 2002-2003: Professor in Postgraduate in Molecular biology in Instituto de Ciencias de la Salud, CES from 2002 to 2005.
- 2002-2006: Professor in Graduate in Periodontology in Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia. Envigado, Colombia.
- 2003-2004: President of Colombian Society of Periodontology, region Antioquia.
- 2001-2015: Private practice limited to periodontal plastic surgery, guided bone regeneration and dental implants. National and International Speaker in osseointegration, guided bone regeneration and periodontal plastic surgery.