maxgraft® bonebuilder – correct indications and surgical procedures for best clinical outcome
Speaker: Frank Rudolf Kloss
Originally broadcasted on: 11th December, 2017, 6:00 PM CET Other time zonesThis webinar aims to demonstrate the advantages of customized allogenic bone blocks based on CT/CBCT scans of the patient´s defect.
Despite the introduction of diameter-reduced implants and short implants augmentative procedures are necessary in daily implantological practice. Depending on the defect size and geometry simultaneous or delayed techniques are available. Especially in extreme atrophies and complex situations block augmentations are the preferred technique.
Beside autogenous bone grafts allogenic bone blocks nowadays attract the attention of oral surgeons. Free availability and no donor site morbidity are the main advantages of allogenic blocks. Subject to the right indication the literature proves similar outcome of allogenic bone compared to autogenous bone. With the introduction of CAD/CAM technology another advantage opened up: a perfect accuracy of fit, resulting in a maximum of contact area between the graft and the local bone.
maxgraft® bonebuilder is a customized allogenic bone block based on the CT/CBCT scans of the patient´s defect.
In the webinar indications will be analysed. Clinical cases and their outcome will be discussed in detail to avoid pitfalls.
- 1992-1997 Study of Dentistry, University Würzburg, Germany
- 1998-2003 Study of Medicine, University Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
- 1998-2002 Scientific Assistant, Clinic for Oral – and Maxillofacial Surgery, University Erlangen-Nürnberg (Prof. Dr. Dr. Neukam)
- 2004-2013 working at the Clinic for Oral – and Maxillofacial Surgery, Medical University Innsbruck (Prof. Dr. Dr. Rasse)
- 2009 Habilitation in Oral – and Maxillofacial surgery and awarded with the „Hans-Pichler Preis“ of the Austrian association of Oral- and Maxillofacial surgery
- 2013 Own medical practice for Oral- and Maxillofacial surgery in Lienz/Austria
- Scientific work: 69 publications, 6 book contributions, over 100 lectures