Soft tissue management for bone augmentation
Speaker: Marius Steigmann
Originally broadcasted on: 7th April, 2014, 7:00 PM CEST Other time zonesIn time bone augmentation has moved from highly special-ized clinics into the dental office. With the help of modern grafting material the augmentation volume in the dental office has increased year by year.
However the main issue remains soft tissue closure for high volume augmentation, especially in the posterior mandible and posterior maxilla. Dr. Steigmann developed special flap designs and suturing techniques specific to location to solve this ongoing soft tissue management problem.
- The participants will get an introduction how to solve this soft tissue closure problem according to the location.
- Adjunct Clinical Associate Professor, University of Michigan, School of Dentistry
- Adjunct Assistant Professor of oral and maxillofacial surgery, Boston University
- Adjunct Assistant Professor University of Pennsylvania, dept. of Endodontics
- Honorary Professor of the "Carol Davila" University Bucharest, Invited Senior Guest
- Visiting Professor University of Szeged faculty of dentistry
- Visiting professor department of Implantology in Temeschburg
- Dr. Steigmann lectures and publishes extensively
- Member of several associations (such as DGOI, FIZ, BDIZ and ICOI)
- He is a Diplomate of the ICOI and other European societies
- Member of the board of the DGOI
- Dr. Steigmann also received the medal of “Semmelweiss“ Budapest University dental school, dept. of oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Dr. Steigmann received his PhD from University of Neumarkt 2005
- Founder and Scientific chairman of “Update Implantology Heidelberg” 2002-2012
- Dr. Steigmann served as ICOI Vice President of Germany 2005-2011
- Founder and director of the “Steigmann Institute”
- Dr. Steigmann maintains a private practice in Neckargemünd, Germany